National education policy: Reforms and Benefits
National education policy aimed at making fundamental changes in the field of education is being discussed in the country. The draft directive was issued by former ISRO chairman Kasturi Rangan. The proposal comes 34 years after the change in education.
Undergraduate courses will be three or four years old with the implementation of the new education policy. You can pause the study and continue learning again. Students can take breaks if needed. Undergraduate / Postgraduate courses will become integrated courses. If you study for three years, you will get a certificate of study till then.PG courses last one or two years.MPhil will be discontinued. Universities and colleges will have a public entrance examination. The examination will be conducted by the National Testing Agency.
Children between the ages of 3 and 6 come to the school curriculum. States and Union Territories should set up a School Standards Authority.
From Anganwadi to Higher Education, the bottom line will change. The project will take place in 2020-21. There will be exams in three of the five-eight classes.
Board examinations for Classes 10 and 12 will continue. the school will conduct the exam twice. One important test. Two Improvement Examinations.
Graduate courses will have a credit system. Vocational education will be given priority. More than 65% of the population is of working age. Teacher qualification by 2030 Wil becomes a four-year Bed degree. Online courses are available in local languages.
Colleges will be given autonomy according to grade. The new law stipulates that college affiliation will end in 15 years.
Educators point out that the new education policy is an effective assessment.
- New Policy combines Science, arts, humanities, mathematics, and professional fields.
- The new education policy not only provides creative combinations for learning. More important is the integration of vocational education.
- Similarly, the new law provides for multiple exit options and the issuance of appropriate certificates at the time of graduation.
- The encouraging thing that this law suggests is that universities and colleges will start high-quality support centers.
- At the same time, students who are socially and economically backward will be encouraged.
- The National Research Foundation is going to start New entity in teaching research and innovation across the country.
- The scholarship portal will be set up to encourage students. as well as, Open distance learning will also be encouraged.
- The law includes comprehensive recommendations to promote online education in the wake of recent outbreaks of pandemics
The new education policy gives priority to high-quality education, The law envisages high-quality education on a global scale. India will have the largest youth population in the world in the next century. Therefore, the younger generation needs to be given high importance.
At the same time, the big leap in technology in big data, machine learning and artificial intelligence needs to be used in education. The new education policy will give more importance to research and studies.
Teachers are replacing the younger generation. Therefore, the new education policy places more emphasis on teacher learning.
The new education focuses on multilingual learning and creative and critical thinking.
The new education policy also proposes to reduce the number of students dropping out of school due to various reasons